[sane-devel] Re: Fujitsu USB timeout issues

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:21:54 -0500 (EST)

was there any sort of pattern to the timeouts? was the kernel scanner
module loaded?

on my system, if the device is freshly plugged in, and the scanner.o
module has not been loaded (cause i removed it from the modules dir), i
can run

scanimage -d fujitsu --help

over and over again, with no timeouts. this is true when the backend is
patched or not, and seems to be because the backend sends only two bulk
writes to the device when you do --help (inquiry and evpd).

if you try that (just the fresh plugin, no scanner.o and the scanimage
--help repeatedly) what does that do?

allan