[sane-devel] SANE, Darwin, Umax Vista-S6E problems

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:06:30 +0100

Hi,

I'm sending the answer to sane-devel, also.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 06:24:06AM -0800, Randolph Fritz wrote:
> OK, so what next?  I can do some debugging, but I need some help in
> starting out.  How do I set up a debbugging environment for SANE?
> Where ought I look in the code to debug it?

I don't think there is need to debug anything. The umax backend must
be just converted to sanei_thread. Have a look at the sane-devel
archive, there was quite some discussion about that new interface.
Some backend have already been converted, e.g. coolscan, hp, mustek,
pie.

If you want to change the backend code, you should start with getting
the latest CVS version of sane-backends (from our homepage) and have a
look at the already converted backends. sanei_thread is documented
here: http://www.sane-project.org/sanei/sanei__thread_8h.html