[sane-devel] Re: SANE Training

Miranda Ronald naldmiranda@yahoo.com
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 04:34:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi!

Let me just say the training is for those who have
ZERO knowledge about scanner development in Linux and
need to delivery a scanner driver (these people are
experienced Linux programmers, but not in SANE).

The timeframe of the training is still subject to the
availability of the trainer. If everything will turn
out fine, then training will push through as early as
jan 2004.

thanks,
Ronald

<henning@meier-geinitz.de>
>To: sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
>Subject: Re: [sane-devel] SANE Training
>
>Hi,
>
>On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 06:23:10PM -0800, Miranda
>Ronald wrote:
>> Does anyone know who is the right person to contact
>> with regards to SANE driver development training?
>
>I don't think that there is any sort of official or
>professional
>training program. There are not that many people who
>program SANE
>drivers so that would be a bit excessive :-)
>
>There is some documentation on our website and I'm
>sure you get
>answers about developing SANE drivers if you ask
here. >Most of the
>work is not the programming itsself but gathering and
>interpreting
>information.
>
>Maybe one of the developers is also available for
paid >support. I
>(persoannally) don't have enough time for that kind
of >support.