[sane-devel] Epson Stylus CX-6400

Bernie Gardner w1az@arrl.net
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:40:00 -0500

I am trying to get an Epson Stylus CX6400 to work in SuSE Linux 9.0.
LinuxPrinting.org lists it as compatible with the CX-5200 which is shown
as untested on the sane compatiblility list.  The scanner is recognized
by sane-find-scanner as:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x0805) at /dev/usb/scanner0
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x0805) at /dev/usbscanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0805 [USB2.0 MFP])
at libusb:001:004

But scanimage -L says no scanners were identified.  If I try to use
Kooka as a front end, it identifies:

epkowa:/dev/usb/scanner0
Epson PX-A650

but doesn't actually do anything.

I can't figure where the PX-A650 identification is coming from.

I realize it may not be possible to get this to work at this point, but
I would appreciate any hints.  I haven't used sane before and am a
little lost.

Thanks!

Bernie Gardner