[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 5370C

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:37:12 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:28:07 +0000,
    Tony Jones <tony.jones1@physics.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> =

> Can anyone give me any tips on getting my HP Scanjet 5370C working. I=

> can get the scanner working to a fashion by setting calibrate once, b=
ut
> the scanned image is generally corrupt, however tweaking the settings=
,
> with a resolution of 1200 dpi I can get something recognisable, altho=
ugh
> the colours are misaligned. (the notes for this model suggest it has
> been tested at 2400 dpi, but this resolution is not supported by the
> hardware, at least not to my knowledge).
> =

> Thank you for any help

Make shure you use the latest SANE release - or better the latest code
from:

http://www.rocklinux-consulting.de/oss/avision/

Depending on your scanner's firmware revision it should work perfectly
- or (if you have no luck) results in a 45 degree shifted image. (I'm
working to fix the problem which look to me like a firmware bug). =

> Tony.

Sincerely yours,
  Ren=E9 Rebe
    - ROCK Linux stable release maintainer