[sane-devel] Epson gt-8000 transparency experiment

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:05:31 +0100

Hello Bart,

BB> It occurred to me that if it is possible to project a negative on the
BB> scanners glass pane using a slide accessory, it might also work to use a
BB> photo magnifier (I mean the thing used to print in a (B&W) darkroom, an
BB> Opemus 11 to be precise) with some kind of half transparent projection
BB> surface, just if I would succeed in scanning with the lights off.

Queston is if it is a projection or only some inforcement for the
usual scanner lamp. I don=B4t know, was not thinking that deep about it.
I succeeded in scanning medium format negatives on an usual scanner
(umax astra 1200 S).

This is the test arrangement:
| strong halogen light
v diffusor from glas and matt paper
| negatives, films
v glass of the scanner

Now I could scan something like contact sheets and medium format
negatives in coarse quality.

May be this helps you.

--
Best regards,