[sane-devel] Epson gt-8000 transparency experiment

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:55:34 -0500

A "real" TPU is just a lamp behind some ground glass (or translucent
plastic), so
there is not "projection" involved: The sensor scans the illuminat4ed
negative or slide
directly.

Have you checked out the link to the message from the guy who is using a
lightbox on his Perfection 1200? He had some instructions about how to
disable the 1200 TPU. The GT-8000 should be similar.

... and I can assure you there is no mechanism to turn the lamp off
without a
TPU (or a fake TPU) connected to the scanner.

Karl Heinz