[sane-devel] Epson gt-8000 transparency experiment

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:19:53 -0500

You are very brave :-)

I would not short two contacts without a resistor. For the first
attempt I would use something like 1K. I doubt that any of the 24V
lines are involved in sensing the TPU.  If  the 1K resistor does not
give you any result, go down to 0.5K.

How do you test if the TPU is recognized? The Sane backend will report
the TPU as valid scan source if it's found, so you should be able to
just run a frontend and see if you can select the TPU.

Karl Heinz