[sane-devel] forward from comp.periphs.scanners subject VueSan and Epson 1670

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:38:56 +0000

Forward from comp.periphs.scanners for Epson 1670 owners/dev. who don't
follow this newsgroup.

Subject:      VueScan and Epson 1670
From:         "Ed Hamrick" <usenet@hamrick.com>
Newsgroups:   comp.periphs.scanners
Date:         Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:40:28 -0700

I've been working all week on adding support for the
Epson Perfection 1670, and finally have it (mostly)
working.  I'll release this in VueScan 7.6.63 in a day
or two.  There are still a few glitches to work out.

It turns out that the 1670 is actually made by Acer/BenQ,
just like the Perfection 660, and uses Acer commands.

I also bought an Epson Perfection 3170 and tried to
reverse-engineer the commands it uses.  These commands
aren't the standard Epson commands and aren't the
Acer commands either.  I'm not sure if I'm going to be
able to add support for it.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

--