[sane-devel] hp scanjet 2300c

Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:59:36 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 04:13:24PM +0200, Mirko Melis wrote:
>     I've red that two person have begun to work at the driver for hp
> 2300c in July. I've tried to contact them, but I don't have received any
> answer. Then I've restarted the work. I've actived the site
> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/ovunque-si/linux/ for logging my work.

Thanks. I've added a link to your page on the HP 2300c page
(http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/hp-scanjet-2300c.html).

Please get one of our snapshots
(http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/) if you haven't done until
now. Make sure you have libusb installed. Commpile and install. Try
sane-find-scanner -v -v as root. Please remove the scanner module
(rmmod scanner) before.

I'm not sure but for me it looks like a Genesys chip (GL646, GL841 or
GL660). If it's a gl646 the scanner may be supported by the genesys
backend in future. Well, when I have enough time to finish it:

http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/genesys-backend/

> But
> I've encountered my first problem: I'm not able to run usb snoopy (or
> better, Dbgview.exe) on my windows XP.

I've no idea about that specific problem on XP. But generally
speaking, I have heard that people had to try several versions of USB
snoopy (including old sniffusb) to get ONE log at all. Most of the
time the loggers just crashed. Sometimes they logged something, but
not the actual scanning. So using older versions and a lot of tries
may yield some result.