[sane-devel] OT: fast usb document scanner

Wolfgang Pichler madmin@dialog-telekom.at
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:43:07 +0000

> Have a look for the thread "Real Fast Scanner!" I started this week on
> this mailing list.
I'll have a look for it

> I am looking for a similar produkt and found it verry dificult to find
> such a scanner for less than 200 Euro. I found the Epson 2400 (199 Euro)
> to be the fastes scanner for linux and less than 200 Eur.
> (test url:http://www.pcwelt.de/tests/hardware-tests/scanner/27272/ )
i've also found this scanner (for 165 euro) - but it seems to be to much
as i need. I've also searched for document scanners - but these type of
scanners is real expensive.

> I found many fast and cheap scanners not to be supported by sane (for
> example epson perfection 1670).
>
> For windows I found the canon 3200F to be a verry very fast device ( and
> less than 100 Euro). But not supported too.
>
> I would be interested If you find any other fast device for sane.
I'll inform you when i find something appropriate