[sane-devel] Compiling sane-backends CVS 2003/10/22 on OS/2

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:54:37 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 05:28:34PM +0200, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 October 2003 17:06, Franz Bakan wrote:
> [SNIPSNAP]
> > >No, why do you think so?
> >
> > A). because otherwise I get errors in avision.c and mustek.c
> >     there this function is defined static void.
>
> I see, but this has to be fixed also by the maintainers. I wrote the directly
> (Rene and Henning), but at least from Rene I got no response so far...

I've been working on the mustek backend but until now I get different
types of errors for either fork or threading. Usually some segfaults
when cancelling. Too many signals, signal handlers, signal blocking,
pipes etc I guess. Should be fixed until the weekend I hope.

> [SNIPSNAP]

> > >Can you provide a fix for that?
> >
> > Don't know, I will try. OS/2 has no IP_6...
>
> I think you should get some IP6 defines from config.h and so it should
> be possible to disable this IP6 stuff for OS/2...

Probably a problem from the latest saned update that added CIDR
support. If it breaks on OS/2 it may also break on other platforms
without IPv6. That code is prettey complicated, so I hope Julien
Blache fixes it :-)