[sane-devel] Medion MD9850: scan range & noise probs?

Wolfgang Fabics wolfgang.fabics@chello.at
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:41:07 +0100

Hi all,

Just upgraded to 1.0.12, now my MD9850 finally works locally & over the
net... nearly (congrats, guys!). Two issues remain:

- The frontends are done with scanning a page when the scanner itself is
only about halfway thru it (so I get a vertically strechted image of the
upper half of the original). It's the same with scanimage and xsane
(both thru gimp and kooka).

- When forcing monochrome prescan, the scanner starts making those
clanking noises, about halfway down the page (not near the end of its
mechanical scan range).

Here's my setup info:

scanner: Medion MD9850, FCC# HWFA4CIS (OEM Mustek 600CP) on parport
backend: mustek_pp, cis600 driver, slow_skip set (others default)
parport: lp0, 0x378, tried both EPP/ECP and EPP only in BIOS

Any ideas on what that might be or even how I could fix it?

TIA & cheers,
-wolfgang