[sane-devel] Medion MD9850: scan range & noise probs?

edg1@tiscali.be edg1@tiscali.be
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:07:45 +0100

Wolfgang Fabics wrote:
> Just upgraded to 1.0.12, now my MD9850 finally works locally & over the
> net... nearly (congrats, guys!). Two issues remain:
>
> - The frontends are done with scanning a page when the scanner itself is
> only about halfway thru it (so I get a vertically strechted image of the
> upper half of the original). It's the same with scanimage and xsane
> (both thru gimp and kooka).

Are you sure that the MD9850 is a 600CP clone?
AFAIK, it is a 1200CP clone. The problem you describe is exactly what
I would expect when you use the 600CP driver on a 1200CP.
Try setting the driver to "cis1200", but be careful.

> - When forcing monochrome prescan, the scanner starts making those
> clanking noises, about halfway down the page (not near the end of its
> mechanical scan range).

Halfway down the page? I would expect this when the scan head hits the
bottom. Does it also happen with the cis1200 setting?

Eddy

Tiscali ADSL: 3 maanden GRATIS! Snel Internet. En voor iedereen.
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=nl