[sane-devel] xscanimage - side-by-side dialog

Alex Perry alex.perry@ieee.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:36:13 -0800 (PST)

I'm using a scanner with enough options that the window is twice as tall
as my screen when the advanced panel is enabled.  Since I'm using some of
the advanced options, and the scan button is at the bottom while the file
name is at the top of the window, I've put the two panels side by side.

I've put the trivial change below in case anyone else has need of it.
I'm wondering whether the options feature creep on the scanners will
continue to stay ahead of available screen resolution on monitors ?
It might be a good idea to have a menu item that switches between the
normal vbox and this alternative hbox arrangement as a standard feature.

$ grep -C3 -n ALEX gtkglue.c
871-
872-  main_hbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 2);
873-
874:  /* ALEX CHANGED the vbox on the next line to be a hbox */
875-  option_vbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 2);
876-  gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (main_hbox), option_vbox, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
877-  gtk_widget_show (option_vbox);

Not a patch, sorry, I haven't finished switching my CVS from hungry to alioth.