[sane-devel] Problems getting my scanimage to list my Epson 2400

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Oct 3 14:05:54 BST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:28:14PM -0700, Stan wrote:
> that worked perfectly.. thank you so much.
>
> But out of curiosity.. What's happening now?
> was there some disconnect between sane and the kernel?

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean exactly. The command
"modprobe scanner vendor=..." tells the kernel scanner driver that the
device with those ids is a scanner. The driver has a fixed lists of
scanners and obviously it can't know new scanners. There is no way to
find out if a device is a scanner without that list so if the scanner
is not known, you must give a hint to the scanner driver.