[sane-devel] Mac OS X - xsane and Microtek Scanmaker II

Guy Brooker guy_brooker@mac.com
Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:17:43 +0200

On 1/9/03 4:56 pm, "David B Brown" <david_b_brown@mac.com> wrote:

> Guy,
>
> I'm no expert on this and since I use fink to install this was a
> little tricky.
>
> Here's what I did. I edited the fink info file for sane-backends to
> uncomment the patch command, and placed the patch file in the same
> directory as the fink info file. The I ran a fink rebuild command. As
> the build was in progress I was able to see the patch executing, so I'm
> pretty sure it worked ok.  Is there any way to double check ?
>
> Anyway the good or the bad news depending on how you look at it, is
> that I get the same issue

You could check the source file sanei_scsi.c and see if it contains the
function ExecuteCommandUsingSTUC

E.g

% grep ExecuteCommandUsingSTUC  sanei_scsi.c

It's probably worked, but to be sure, you don't really need fink to build
it. You can download the source distribution for 10.0.12, apply the patch,
and

% configure --prefix /sw
% make
% sudo make install

Best remove the fink version before doing so.

What do you get when you try :

% sh
% SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=6 scanimage -L
% SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=6 scanimage -x 25.6 -y 25.6 >img.pnm

Cheers,
Guy