[sane-devel] Adf-paperjam, howto restart sane or reset scanner?

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:39:51 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 03:56:44PM +0200, Holger Drefs wrote:
>   i?m facing the problem that I get paperjam in my adf from time to
>   time. After that sane refuses to work on over the network. How can I
>   persuade sane to continue? Reset the sacnner or sane and how? Don?t
>   want to restart the server always.

What's the problem exactly? The network connection or the hardware
access to the scanner? If it's the network, killing saned on the
server may help. If it's hardware, you may need to addionally
unload/reload the USB or SCSI kernel modules (if you use Linux). But
you should know what you are doing in this case :-)

Anyway, that shouldn't happen. Can you give more details, e.g.
scanner, SANE version, operating syystems?