[sane-devel] Minimum hardware for scanner server?

emgaron@gmx.net emgaron@gmx.net
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:39:20 +0200

Hi all,

I have a PC104 card lying around which I'd like to use as a
scanner server (pretty much like printer servers). It has an AMD 486
clone with 133MHz (PR133?) and 64MB. As it only has an ISA connector,
I'll combine it with an ISA 10baseT NIC and an ISA SCSI card (for my
Umax Powerlook 2000). From what I could gather from the archives, this
little machine should up to the task (though I'm a bit worried about
the 10Mbit connection), but it would be nice to hear some experiences
with saned on small machines.

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org