[sane-devel] Canon FS4000

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:39:08 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 08:42:38AM +0200, eric@b.org wrote:
> backend-writing translation is 100% translated, and will soon be OK.
> Need to be verified again before to be available. The new name is
> backend-writing_fr_version.txt.

Nice, thanks. In CVS it will be just named backend-writing_fr.txt (or
.fr.txt) so we don't have to rename the file in CVS every time a new
version becomes ready.

> I think so because the pub about FS4000US, from Canon, say that there's
> a CCD sensor inside, and for having 4000DPI, other chipset like LM9831,
> LM9832 or generic LM983x generaly are not enough powerfull. But LM98501
> or a LM98503 are...

I don't really know if the following is true: If you compare a 1200
dpi chip with a 4000 dpi chip keep in mind that the 1200 dpi are menat
for the size of A4 paper wihle 4000 dpi is usually for a slide or
similar size. So by changing the optic lenses you could use the same
CCD sensor for differnt resolutions. Only the number of pixels per
line is constant.

> Can someone give me a model/template for asking Canon documentation
> about FS4000US ?

I don't think there really is a template. When I wrote to Mustek I
told them what I'm trying to achieve, added some links to SANE
(http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/manufacturers.html may be
useful) and asked for documents that could help me.