[sane-devel] Minolta DiMAGE Film Scanners

jjh-sane-devel@vieorhythms.com jjh-sane-devel@vieorhythms.com
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:42:04 -0600

Hello,

I'm deciding on a film scanner and it appears that either the Minolta
DiMAGE Scan Dual III or the Scan Elite II will meet my needs.  From the
SANE supported devices page it looks like the Elite II has an Avision
backend and from the SANE/Avision backend FAQ it appears that the Dual
II has an Avision backend.

I did a fair amount of searching through the sane-devel mailing list but
the last thing I could find in the mailing list archives relating to
Minolta film scanners was in 2001.

If anyone can confirm that the Dual III has an Avision backend I would
appreciate it.  According to kernel source scanner.h/hpusbscsi.c both
the Elite II and the Dual III have the same vendor id.

Also has anyone had any experience at all with either of these scanners
under Linux?  The Dual III isn't listed and the Elite II is just marked
as untested.

If I do end up getting one of these, I'll definitely be interested in
contributing to the driver(s).

Thanks for your help.

enjoy,

-jeremy