[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New SANE homepage online

Jarl Friis jarl@softace.dk
24 Sep 2003 10:11:53 +0200

Congratulations with the new site and domain name.

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The new SANE homepage is now online at http://www.sane-project.org
> (=http://sane.alioth.debian.org). It was mostly copied from the old
> page at http://www.mostang.com/sane/. Please have a look at the new
> page and tell me about wrong/missing information, bad wording and
> other bugs. Or better yet, fix it. Every project member has write
> access to the html pages (CVS module "html").
>
> Changes in comparison to mostang.com:
>
> - Made all pages (hopefully) HTML-standard-compliant

It seems like all documents are missing DOCTYPE specification, see
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sane-project.org%2F

Trying to use HTML 4.01 Transitional gives a lot of errors, see
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sane-project.org%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional

Seems like there is quite a lot of work to make them conform to HTML.

Jarl