[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New SANE homepage online

Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:35:54 +0200

Hi,

[sorry for posting to the old mailing list in my first post, but as
it's forwarded to the new one it shouldn't matter].

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 10:35:21AM +0200, Guy Brooker wrote:
> > - Automatically generated HTML list of scanners
> >

> How do you generate this list ? What is the source of the info ?

Each backend comes with a description file located in
doc/descriptions. E.g. mustek.desc. These files contain information
about the scanners supported by this backend. There is also a file
"unsupported.desc" that contains information about unsupported
scanners. These files are updated manually by the maintainers of the
respective backends.

The format of those .desc files is explained in doc/descriptions.txt.

The program tools/sane-desc generates HTML lists from the information
in the desc files. That's done automatically when something was
changed in the .desc files of the development version of SANE. So the
lists for that version should be up-to-date all the time.