[sane-devel] scan lines

kevin lyda kevin lyda <kevin+dated+1064878034.1e8d4b@ie.suberic.net>
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:27:12 +0100

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 07:41:39PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 06:15:27PM +0100, kevin lyda wrote:
> > i have a packard bell diamond 1200 plus scanner.  i'm scanning in a
> > slew of old photos at 600dpi.  on parts of the picture that seem to get
> > more complex as the scanner goes across there seem to be weird lines.
> Can you put an example of such an image on the web, please?

actually, no.  i discovered that my scanner had a hardware fault.
apparently i get on with scanners as well as i do with cd burners and
printers.

obviously you guys need to do a better job detecting hardware errors
that the hardware is not reporting.  (note, i'm not serious here)

thanks for the quick response, sorry for the slow follow-up.

i had the scanner replaced and all is well.  on a different note, any
idea why i get this error in /var/log/messages several dozen times at
the beginning of each scan?

    Sep 24 23:40:23 roo kernel: scanner.c: open_scanner(9): Unable to
        access minor data

system info:

    # uname -a
    Linux roo.ie.suberic.net 2.4.18-18.7.x #1 Wed Nov 13 20:29:30 EST
        2002 i686 unknown
    # lsmod
    scanner                 9824   0=20
    # rpm -qa | grep sane
    sane-backends-1.0.12-4
    sane-backends-devel-1.0.12-4
    sane-frontends-1.0.11-2

these are the rawhide rpms i rebuilt for redhat 7.3 from the source
rpms.  btw i can't upgrade the rest of my system as i try to keep it up
to date with work systems.

kevin

--=20
kevin@ie.suberic.net                        i wouldn't mind what that says;