[sane-devel] MacOS X 10.2.6 CanoScan N650U

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:20:59 +0200

Hi!

On Sonntag, 28. September 2003 22:39, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
[SNIPSNAP]
> I don't know if that scanner (or the plustek backend in general) works
> with MacOS X (maybe other developers/users can talk abou that). But

AFAIR the problem was the process stuff in the MacOS X environment.
This means, that forking a process does not clone the file handles. There
was a patch to make the Plustek backend work using threads instead of
forking a process for reading data, but I skipped this patch currently...

Anyway the diagnosis of the debug output may show other problems...

Gerhard