[sane-devel] Interested in writing a driver for...

Greg Apessos st942e93@drexel.edu
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:24:29 -0400 (EDT)

my Ezonics EZCam USB III webcam.  What got me interested was finding a
reference to the EZCam USB II not being supported on the sane-project's
site, http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/biolux-654.html.  While
it isn't a scanner, maybe my work could be useful to someone else.  But
the difficulty is I don't know how to approach the problem.

>From the little bits that I've gleamed, I monitor the communication with
the camera on Windows, and get an idea of how messages are sent to it.
>From that I start to build something useful.

Are there guides, tutorials, something that could be helpful?  I don't
necessarily need step-by-step instructions, just an outline like, program
X will capture the communication with the camera, library Y can be used to
communicate with the webcam under Linux, etc.

Any help in the right direction would be great.

-Greg