[sane-devel] Permission problems with Kernel 2.6.4

Christoph Bier christoph.bier@web.de
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:00:45 +0200

Julien BLACHE schrieb:
> Christoph Bier <christoph.bier@web.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>>As Root everything works fine (xsane, too), so there must be a
>>permission problem as user. But AFAICS everything's ok with my
>>configuration. Did I overlook anything? -- TIA!
>

> You overlooked /usr/share/doc/libsane/README.Debian.gz

No, I did not overlook. I read it---once again now. Do you have a
special idea, what I might have overlooked?

> Do you have the hotplug package installed ?

Yes, I have, but it's not running properly as I noticed.

skull:~# /etc/init.d/hotplug restart
Restarting hotplug subsystem: usbFATAL: Module mousedev not found.
FATAL: Module input not found.
.

The file /etc/hotplug/blacklist is being ignored; it contains
mousedev and input. The /etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap file didn't
contain a list of USB scanners as mentioned in
/usr/share/doc/libsane/README.Debian.gz. but I added the line

libusbscanner      0x0003      0x055f   0x021d    0x0000
0x0000       0x00
         0x00            0x00            0x00            0x00
        0x00
               0x00000000
.

... But this becomes off-topic here.

Thanks for your answer!

Best regards
--
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph.

»Unix is very user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are.«
				       --Autor unbekannt