[sane-devel] Mustek BearPaw 4800TA ProII scanner

Cosmin Pop popc@RIS.CA
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:37:33 -0600

Hello everybody!

  I have a Mustek BearPaw 4800TA ProII scanner and I want to write a SANE
backend for it. I contacted Henning earlier informing him of my intentions.
I also subscribed sane-devel list.
  Since then, I contacted Tom Wang (tom dot wang at mustek dot com dot tw)
asking for info about my specific model. He kindly replied that Mustek will
provide me the source code of the windows driver as a reference. I must sign
a NDA (non disclosure agreement) and send it back to him.
  For now, I modified the file tools/check-usb-chip.c to test the chip for
this scanner. I don't know for sure the chipset name (I didn't opened the
case), but Henning suggested SQ1113. Anyway, I don't think it is important
at this stage... It is not entirely finished, as I got stuck at
usb_set_configuration. It exits with an error code < 0 which leads to an
error "  Couldn't set configuration: " <...something I can't remember...>. I
will post tomorrow the complete error message and the result from
sane-find-scanner -v -v.
  Does anyone know how long will it take? I never worked on a open source
project so I can't set a deadline for this one. It's nothing
urgent/important, but I need to set up a milestone for myself :)...
  Any comments/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Cosmin