[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 2400 support for genesys backend

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:25:08 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 10:14:01PM +0200, Julien TIERNY wrote:
> 	great news Henning, at last I managed to make my scanner move under
> GNU/Linux !

That's nice :-)

> # SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,

The genesys backend wasn't even loaded. Double-check dll.conf.

> How could you explain that scanimage can't load the genesys backend ?

You have installed sane-backends in /usr/local/ and /usr. Or at least
twice at different locations.

Try SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L

That should print which dll.conf is used and where it looks for
libraries. Try the same with xscanimage.

> # SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 xscanimage genesys:libusb:005:002

Doe it work without the explicit mentioning of
"genesys:libusb:005:002"? If not, "genesys" is not in dll.conf.