[sane-devel] 2.6 and sane

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:47:43 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 08:37:32PM +0100, Jago Pearce wrote:
> Where's the docs!?

Comes with SANE (man sane-usb). 1.0.14 will also contain some more
info in README.linux:

http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sane-backends/README.linux?rev=1.13&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=sane

> The kernel module I had to load no longer exists. I have an Acer USB
> scanner. Do I need to load a module at all any more?

No. You just need the normal USB support (and usbfs).

> "scan-image -L" as root doesn't list any scanners even though it's listed
> in /proc/bus/usb/devices

Maybe you haven't built sane with libusb support?

> Thanks for any help, if I can get this working lets add the info to the FAQ.

Have a look at the list archive. It has been discussed quite some times.