[sane-devel] Ep_to_piperef error

Brandon Carpenter carpenter_b@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 06:49:17 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Mattias for the information about the error and
the link to the AppleDev page.
I could now use some direction about what needs to be
done to get things fixed. I have checked the scanner
to make sure it works, checked the USB cable. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled both the SANE, Twain
interface, and the needed libraries. I have
Uninstalled  the Epson Scanner Utilities and
reinstalled. I have tried both applications installed.
I still get the same errors.
I am at a loss also, as to why for weeks there were no
issues. Nothing had change on the system. The system
is in a controlled enviroment.
Thanks again for your help.
Brandon

Here is a snippet of the log:

scanimage: reading one scanline, 7656 bytes...
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: trying to write 10
bytes
usb_bulk_write: ep addr = 0x02
Converting ep address to pipeRef.
ep_to_pipeRef: an error occurred getting pipe
information on pipe 1
USB error: ep_to_pipeRef(GetPipeProperties): no
connection to an IOService
USB error: usb_bulk_write: invalid pipe reference
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: write failed: No
such file or directory
Converting ep address to pipeRef.
ep_to_pipeRef: interface is 305490
USB error: ep_to_pipeRef: can't get number of
endpoints for interface
USB error: usb_clear_halt(ClearPipeStall): no
connection to an IOService
FAIL No data

--- Mattias Ellert <mattias.ellert@tsl.uu.se> wrote:
> Brandon Carpenter wrote:
>
> >>scanimage > /scanIn/test.tif
> >
> > Ep_to_piperef: Error occured getting pipe
> information
> > on pipe 1
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea what this means?
> >
> > Brandon Carpenter
>
> This error is from libusb.
>
>      ret =

(*(device->interface))->GetPipeProperties(device->interface,

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/IOKit/IOUSBLib/Classes/IOUSBInterfaceInterface197/Functions/Functions.html#GetPipeProperties