[sane-devel] Microtek Scanmaker X6 and Lightlid35

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@gmx.de
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:35:08 +0200

Hi Christoph,

I'm having a bad conscience because you asked me this half a year ago...
sorry.

please try the following modification:

in microtek2.c around line 5330 you'll find the following piece of code:

        if ( ms->lightlid35 )
          {
            md->status.flamp &= ~MD_FLAMP_ON;
            md->status.tlamp |= MD_TLAMP_ON;
          }

please comment out the second line so it looks like

        if ( ms->lightlid35 )
          {
            md->status.flamp &= ~MD_FLAMP_ON;
/*            md->status.tlamp |= MD_TLAMP_ON; */
          }

and recompile sane-backends. In theory this second line would switch on only
the transparency lamp but maybe it also controls the flatbed lamp.

Please let me know about the results!

Karsten