[sane-devel] reverse compatibility list?

Nathaniel Taylor nathaniel@ekc.kth.se
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:58:57 +0200

I want to buy a scanner, and of course to run it only under linux or
*bsd systems.    The Sane compatibility list would help me in choosing
a useable model, but I want to make sure I buy from a company that has
made free-software support easy -- preferably one that has provided a
perfectly working backend under a FSF or OSF approved licence.

Can anyone point me to a "laud or shame" page of scanner manufacturers,
or just advise me which have been the most open and helpful or the most
arkward manufacturers?

Nathaniel