[sane-devel] newbie: ever run Laserjet 3015 scanner?

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:47:54 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:31:51PM +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> Mr *Ivan Krstic* (ccikrs1 at cranbrook.edu) reported on
> linuxprinting.org the 3020/3030 model 'Scanning works with the "hpoj"
> SANE backend, <http://hpoj.sourceforge.net>'. Perhaps 3015 is using the
> same scanner?

You best chance is the hpoj backend. If you can't get help on this
list, maybe the hpoj mailing list can help?

> I have hotplug service running, I have usb hotplug enabled in kernel,
> usbfs is enabled but not mounted (according to sane-usb(5) I don't have
> to mount usbfs if I have hotplug running). However here is my
> find-scanner message (why the scanner is not found?)

Without usbfs you can't use libusb to access your scanner. Check if
there are files in /proc/bus/usb. If yes, usbfs is mounted.

> root@Sappho /home/zhangweiwu # sane-find-scanner

I'm not sure if sane-find-scanner can detect these HP MFDs. If they
tell the USB system that they are printers, sane-find-scanners will
ignore them. Adding the option "-v -v" will pront some more details.