[sane-devel] problems compiling on cygwin and a java question

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:42:23 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 07:47:12AM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> >Hi,
> [...]
> >>1. if we just use the vanilla 'configure' without specifing any
> >>arguments then we get an error when compiling backend/coolscan.c, at
> >>line 2593. The error is: sa_handler field doesn't exists.
> >
> >Strange. sa_handler is also used by other backends. Maybe we need
> >another definition for SIGACTION in sanei/sanei_backend.h?
>
> I checked even with the latest gcc 3.3.3. I cannot tell what happened,
> but the 1.0.14 is compiled correctly while the CVS snapshot isn't.

There is no relevant change in coolscan.c nor in sanei_backend.h so I
have no clue what's going on here.

> Moreover I found another problem when using the libusb-win32: please
> have a look at the the bug tracking in Alioth (when it will be up again).

Fixed.

> Finally there is a problem when trying to compile the japi directory: a
> file Sane.h is missing and the makefile looks for libsane.so in
> ../backend/libs instead of ../backend/.libs . (I did not reported the
> bug since Alioth is unreachable).

I haven't been able to build japi for 2 years now. There are some
patches and othe Java code floating around (see mailing list archives)
but I don't know enough about Java to really comment on them.

See also #300178.