[sane-devel] Epson Perfetion 2480 scanner

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:56:39 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

> I got a bus-timeout during xscanimage, so I powercycled the
> scanner - but this should change the ID ?

The ID is usually changed if a new firmware is loaded. Maybe the firmware
was already loaded in the first two logs (the backend does this
automatically if configured correctly). Powercycling the scanner will reset
the ID to it's original value.

Is the firmware file you're using the only available one on the driver CD?
Using a wrong firmware file usually causes "scanner busy" errors as well.

/Oliver