[sane-devel] Epson Perfetion 2480 scanner

Michael Polenske mpolenske@hpce.nec.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:14:25 +0200

Hi,

> The ID is usually changed if a new firmware is loaded. Maybe the
> firmware was already loaded in the first two logs (the backend does
> this automatically if configured correctly). Powercycling the scanner
> will reset the ID to it's original value.

Ahh, okay.

> Is the firmware file you're using the only available one on the driver
> CD? Using a wrong firmware file usually causes "scanner busy" errors
> as well.

Think so. I first installed the scanner under Windows, searched for the *.bin file and then I copied this file to my linux partition. Later I searched in all .cab-Files available on the cd for additional .bin files - but nothing found.

Cheerio,
Michael