[sane-devel] DS3000 and xscanimage cancel problem

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:36:12 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 04:29:38PM -0400, James A. Littlefield wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion regarding Xsane vs xscanimage.   I have
> confirmed that xsane does not have a problem w/ cancelling scan so I
> guess this points to an issue w/ xscanimage rather than w/ the DS3000 -
> chinon backend.   Since you mentioned that this is an old problem I am
> assuming that there is an open bug already reported and will not add
> another one.

Ican't see any bug like this in the bug tracker. There are only 2
xscanimage bugs. So feel free to add it.

> At this point I am not aware of any backend issues after testing w/
> scanimage,  xscanimage,  xsane, and tstbackend.    I have also tried the
> network access mode and things seem to work as well.    So....what
> should I do next?     Given the limited utility of  the DS3000 backend I
> am not sure if it makes sense to include it in the sane distribution.
> As such I guess it would be considered an "external" backend.     Whats
> the best way to make it available on the off chance that someone else
> also has a DS3000 still working.

Put the code and some docu on how to use/install it on a website. Look
at doc/backends-external/template.desc., copy it to ds3000.desc (or
whatever the name of your backend is) fill in the data for your
scanner. Run "make" in the SANE main directory and look at
doc/sane-backend-external.html if the entry for your scanner is ok.
Maybe you need to remove that file first to get it updated.

Send ds3000.desc to us so we can include it in CVS. That way the web
pages automatically list your scanner and have a link to your website.