[sane-devel] HP 3970 scanner on Fedora Core 2?

JKD JKD@JKDSoft.cjb.net
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:58:52 +0200

Hello Steven,

May be I can answer the first and the second question.

As you can see in the following url, HP 3970 scanner is not supported at all.
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-HEWLETT-PACKARD

There isn't any code for this scanner's chip (RTS8822-01) and as I can
see, it's functionability is a bit different from Realtek RTS8801B chip,
used in other scanners:

Unofficially, I've started to study this scanner two months ago, debugging
instruction by instruction the library that manages the scanner in windows
system (hpgt3970.dll). It's a very slow proccess. I don't know how much
time will I spend before releasing a functional demo program.

Main functions in that library are:
HP_OP_INIT_SCANNER : Debugged and implemented succesfully.
RT_OP_SET_PARAMETER: Debugged an implemented succesfully.
RT_OP_START_SCAN   : Already debugging.
RT_OP_READ_IMAGE   : Not debugged

Sincerelly, JKD

P.D.: I apologize about my english level

El Tue, 24 de Aug de 2004, a las 09:33:11PM -0500, Steven P. Ulrick dijo: