[sane-devel] Re: HP 7450C - Error trying to scan in powersave mode

Erik P. Olsen erik@epo.dk
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:10:16 +0200

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 12:35, Ren=C3=A9 Rebe wrote:
[snip]
>=20
> > 8/15/04 21:37 Powersave on
> > Suspect that avision driver is not handling this state correctly.
>=20
> Correct - your 1.0.14 release version does not handle the lamp power-of=
f=20
> very well. This is fixed in CVS for some time already - either update t=
o=20
> CVS alternatively I could send you just the avision changes when you=20
> feel unsafe to use a CVS checkout.

I don't think this is true. I am running the latest bleeding edge
backend from
http://svn.rocklinux-consulting.de/sane-avision/trunk/backend/
with my HP 7400c and I first thought that it had been corrected. But it
turned out to be true only after a reboot and subsequent scans performed
after the lamp had cooled off had the old problem: scanner stops halfway
through in a horrible noise which you have to stop by pulling the plug.
After switching it on again it pauses for 90 sec. before doing a correct
scan and so it does at all following scans - pausing 90 sec. that is. It
is only back to normal after a reboot.

--=20
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen