[sane-devel] hp scanjet 4500 backend

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:46:45 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 11:04:28AM +0200, Klinger wrote:
> Does anybody know, if there is a backend to HP ScanJet 4500c scanner. I
> couldn't find anything which works.

See the output of the scanner search engine. It seems that the scanner
uses the HP varainat of the GL841 chip but that's not confirmed.

> If there is no backend available i would be apreciative if anybody could
> give me specifications about the commands which it understands. I'm
> developer and would like to write a new backend.
>
> Any tips or advice before I start to write a backend?

See the documentation on the website and the genesys backend website.
Get the genesys code from CVS.

Please try to modify the code of tools/check-usb-chip.c for your
scanner so we can at least be sure that it's a GL841.