[sane-devel] Epson Perfetion 2480 scanner

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:21:53 +0200

Karsten Festag <karsten.festag@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi,

> I don't have locks after the first scan, but if I start Xsane for the first
> time I get 2 or 3 I/O errors and have to restart Xsane. After a certain time
> (I guess when the lamp is warmed up?) it works like expected.

I haven't tried with XSane yet; the debug log with scanimage shows
that the backend first tests the state of the scanner, then waits a
few seconds for the lamp to warm up as a result. It then tests the
state of the scanner again, and then waits more than 30 seconds for
the lamp to warm up. Maybe that's what you're seeing ?

I need to take a closer look at that tomorrow, I'd like to be able to
scan several times in a row without power cycling the scanner :) I
guess it may have to do with the scanner id string changing once the
firmware is loaded, need to check that. (just wondering why is this
string used to indentify the scanner, as it's a USB scanner... I know
it's the way SCSI scanners are identified)

> Regards and thanks for your work!

Thanks for sending the first mostly-complete patch :)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb@jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169