[sane-devel] Re: HP 7450C - Error trying to scan in powersave mode

René Rebe rene@rocklinux-consulting.de
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:17:57 +0200

Hi,

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> OK, I'll do this additional test, but I fear wait_4_light() will wait
> forever. As I see it the scanner performs correctly after reboot, then

It should not. It is executed before _every_ scan. So it works at least
after the initial warmup after powering the scanner and booting the
workstation. When we have no other bug somewehere (my hope) it should
work just fine - just wait a bit longer. And since it worked for me here
with a HP 5370 and 7400 it should wait just a bit longer for your one ...

> after the lamp has cooled off and no new reboot performed then the
> disaster happens. It's like a reset is missing. I'll test if this

I have no documentation how to reset the scanner "officially" and
currently the backend has no code for this.

> assumption is correct, but it takes some time because the lamp should
> have ample time to cool off and unfortunately I have very little time
> now. I'll see if I can squeeze in the time for the test though.

Do not bother to hury, I have enough to do anyway ...

Have fun,
   René