[sane-devel] bug with Canon N1240U in Lineart mode at 75 dpi?

Eric Ding ericding@alum.mit.edu
Sat, 04 Dec 2004 19:37:44 -0500

Gerhard Jaeger <gerhard@gjaeger.de> wrote:

> you might wanna try and tweak the motor settings, checkout file
> plustek-usbdevs.c and search for MODEL_CANON1200, you will find something
> like:
[snip]
> 		/* Gray mode MCLK settings */
> 		{ 6.0, 6.0, XXX.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0,  6.0,  6.0,  6.0 },
> 		{ 6.5, 6.5, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 8.0, 12.0, 12.0, 12.0 }
> 	},
>
> tweak the settings for "Gray mode" and <= 150dpi (where the XXX is located),
> you may increase the value to 7 or 8...

Well, that certainly improved things!  If I change the value to 7.0 or
8.0, scanning at 75dpi in Lineart now works. It does *not* work if the
value is changed to 6.5.

Eric