[sane-devel] Problem with Epson Perfection 2480 Photo

Jean-Christophe VIALLET j.viallet@free.fr
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:35:00 +0100

Hi,

I've updated my config files and verified the firmware path (in fact, I=20
had already copied it from the command line).

The scanner seems to be recognized since I got something with=20
sane-find-scanner but I get the following error message with xsane :
"Failed to open device 'snapscan:libusb:002:008' : Access to ressource=20
has been denied".

Then the scanner is disconnected and if I run xsane again, I got "no=20
devices available'.

I've tried with user root (even if it is heavily unadvised) and I got=20
the same messages.

Very strange !

Julien BLACHE a =E9crit :