[sane-devel] Epson RX500 1200+ dpi "Out of memory"

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:31:30 -0500

Yes, but not when you select a scanning area that's too large. The "out
of memory" condition is in the scanner.

Why are you scanning with 1200 dpi and more? This is usually only
necessary for negatives or slides. For standard scans of e.g. photos or
documents, it's usually not necessary to go beyond 600dpi. For photos,
you can usually stop at 300 dpi. There just is not more information in
a photo.

Karl Heinz