[sane-devel] scanmagic 1200 CU Plus reset device

Sun, 8 Feb 2004 11:08:23 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 01:38:35PM -0000, Charlie Grosvenor wrote:
> I have a scanmagic 1200 CU Plus, I have this set up for use with sane.
> Sometimes when it fails to scan, the scanner head get left not in its rest
> place.

Strange. It shouldn't "fail".

> When this occurs I have to unplug the scanner from the Linux machine,
> plug it into a windows machine and scan something, to get it to reset. Is
> there any way to get sane to reset the scanner?

When you start a SANE frontend, the scanner is reset and the scan
slider moves to its home position. At least that's what happens with
my scanners.

So what happens if you don't "reset" the scanner on the Windows
machine? Do you get an error or does the scan head doesn't move to its
home position? And after the reset, it works on the Linux system again
(without a reboot)?