[sane-devel] Re: FreeBSD 5.1R, SANE, Canon 1240U scanner

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:28:29 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 01:31:34PM -0600, Doug Carter wrote:
> I'm guessing that uscanner is not and should not be involved and that
> plustek should recognize the Canon 1240U but has a bug.

SANE can either use the kernel scanner driver (uscanner on FreeBSD) or
generic access methods with libusb. That's /dev/ugen* on FreeBSD, I
think. As uscanner has evry limited functionality on FreeBSD, libusb
is the better option.

> I hunted around for plustek* to see if I could tell anything from the
> source but I havn't found it.

To get more detailed debug output, disable everything but plustek in
dll.conf and set SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255 in addition to
SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK. "scanimage -L" should show more details now.