[sane-devel] scanner buttons, was: Simplified installation procedure for Redhat Fedora Linux 1.0 and Epson 1670 scanner, also a report of a bug?

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:10:31 -0500 (EST)

ok, just to recap what i am seeing here.

1. we would like a backend to be able to signal a frontend when a button
or sensor is tripped.

2. if the backend is polled, it needs a way to request the polling
interval.

3. the stati are generally not accessed via a separate command for each
sensor, but instead, there is one command that gets a bitmask from the
scanner.

4. we would like as many of these sensors as possible to have well-known
names so that a front-end could set sane (pun intended) defaults.

allan