[sane-devel] Re: [sane-devel] Boeder SmartScan Slim Edition on SuSE

edg1@tiscali.be edg1@tiscali.be
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:20:40 +0100

Jim George wrote:
> Both libsane-gt68xx.so.1 and libsane-gt68xx.so are linked to
> libsane-gt68xx.so.1.0.13.  However there is a libsane-gt68xx.la which
> isn't linked to any of the above.....Could this be the cause of the
> problems?

AFAIK, the .la files are only used by libtool when
compiling/linking against a library. They don't interfere
during normal operation.

Do you have a /proc/bus/usb entry, ie. is the usb file system
mounted? (mount | grep usb)
You may have to load some usb modules first. I'm not sure how
it works on SuSE, but on RH you can do it like this (as root):

     modprobe usbcore
     mount -t usbdevfs usbdevfs /proc/bus/
     modprobe usb-uhci

Normally this is done at boot time.

Eddy

Tiscali ADSL: 12 maanden aan  29,50 €/maand! Snel Internet, en voor iedereen.
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=nl